Saturday, August 10, 2013

8 DIY Home Decor Projects You Can Make This Weekend

Hey there,

Sometimes all we need is a little inspiration.

If you're feeling crafty and are looking for some cool ideas that you can easily finish in a weekend, check out these projects.






To learn more about any given project, just click on the links provided with the images.

#1 I'm So Fancy


Upcycle a Cheap Door Mirror
As seen on Lilikoi Joy

This post walks you through how you can deck out an inexpensive big-box store mirror into something really fancy!  Me likey.


#2 A Whiter Shade of Pale
DIY - Letter Canvas Tutorial using wood letters, spray glue and spray paint.
As seen on Inspiration for Moms


I love these really sweet white-on-white romantic lettered signs.  
Want some ideas of what to write?
Explore tons of lovey-dovey things that I've been pinning on my Pinterest board dedicated to the Happily Ever After that is everyday life.



#3 Spell Any Word with Custom Letter Art

Free photo letters. There are literally hundreds of each letter. You simply download for FREE and print from your own printer.
As seen on Shanty 2 Chic

Free photo letters. There are literally hundreds of each letter!
You simply download them for FREE and print from your own printer.
This link has a quick and simple tutorial on how to mock it up in a creative way.


#4 Make Faux-Aged Wooden Signs

Excellent step by step instructions on how to make primitive signs and distress them.
As seen on AmericanPrim

If you like the look of a rustic old sign, this site will show you how to make one!



#5 Giant Wall Art


Staple a shower curtain to a wooden frame for inexpensive large scale artwork.
As seen on True Blue Me and You

Looking to make a very big impact for cheap?  Behold!
This is a shower curtain stapled to a wooden frame.  How awesome is this?



#6 Wallpaper Your Stair Risers 

From the DIY Network

Wow!

I mean, this is just so beautiful.  This link brings you to a tutorial of a complete overhaul of a set of stairs (which may take some time!) but if your stairs are already in good shape and just need a shot of personality, this is the project for you.





#7 How to Monogram

How to make a monogram....so doing this!
As seen on In My Own Style


Learn how to monogram furniture - or anything at all!
I see initials on everything in my future...



#8 Sharpie on a Lampshade


Sharpie on a lampshade-- how cool is this?
As seen on A Little Glass Box

 Duh.  Why didn't I think of this?  This is so cool.
And a little bit naughty (sorry Mom, yes I will write on a lampshade on purpose!),
which I kinda like about it.  


Feeling inspired yet?  I'm hoping these ideas got the ol' creative juices flowing.  Now go on, git!

I'd love to hear about your weekend projects here in the comments!

UPDATE:  Looking for more inspiration?  After the success of this post, I found more neat ideas to share!  Check out 9 Super Easy DIY Home Decor Projects You Can Make This Weekend


If you enjoyed this post, you'll love what we're sharing between posts on social media! Please come join us to get DIY ideas, tips, home decor inspiration, organizing, kid-friendly ideas, and so much more.

   
 


Click on any of these icons.  See you there!

Val

4 comments:

  1. These are great! I would have every single one of these projects in my house! Only exception being the stairs, and that is just because we live in a one storey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maya! It's so nice to hear from you. Aren't these so fun? I'm thinking the white-on-white lovey dovey sign and the Sharpie-on-a-lampshade are my next weekend projects. I'll keep you posted! Can't wait to check out more stuff on your AMAZING blog :)

      Delete
  2. I love the shower curtain on the large wood frame, what an amazing idea to get beautiful art work on the cheap! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I thought so too! I see gorgeous (and inexpensive) shower curtains all the time, and am always dreaming up things I could do with them. I have to be careful not to become a shower curtain hoarder -- although that would likely make a compelling TV show ;)

      Delete

Please share your thoughts on this! Your email address will remain private.