Friday, August 30, 2013

Inspirational Soccer Ball

Hello!

Here's a look at a DIY gift I recently made my niece for her 10th birthday.

She is an excellent soccer player and very gifted athletically, so I wanted to make something that could tie in with that somehow.

She is also a very clever girl on the brink of her teen years, so I wanted to give her the gift of ideas and concepts that I wish I'd come across way earlier in life, even if I wouldn't have understood them completely yet.

So.  Soccer and self-confidence were my themes. 

I chose a bunch of inspirational and empowering quotes that I've been collecting on my Pinterest board, Remember, which you're welcome to come follow.

Then I drew them onto a standard soccer ball from Walmart with waterproof, colorful Sharpie markers.

Here is the final result, which - I'm happy to report - she absolutely adored.  :-)







 


















It makes me so happy to know that these positive messages are on permanent display in her bedroom for her to see every day.

***

There are thousands of quotes and phrases out there to choose from.  Here are the ones I used:

If Plan A fails, remember that you have 25 letters left.
Go out there and do amazing things.
Make Yourself Proud.
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.
La vie est remplie de petits bonheurs.  (Life is full of small pleasures)
Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
I can & I will.
Dream Big!
Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.
Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.
Who cares what they think.
Be positive, patient and persistent.
The only way to succeed is to not worry what anyone else is doing.
Joy is contagious.



If you enjoyed this post, you'll love what we're sharing between posts on social media! Please come join us to get DIY ideas, tips, home decor inspiration, organizing, kid-friendly ideas, and so much more.

   
 


Click on any of these icons.  See you there!

Val


9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Val! I needed this soccer ball in my life at ten. And eleven. And twelve and so on. Perfect present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet thing to say, thanks so much! Although I do gather a billion-and-one ideas from Pinterest, I'm proud to say that I dreamed this one up on my very own! (She says while tapping her temple...) Not just a hat-rack! ;-) xo

      Delete
  2. Its amazing! Fantastic creativity by you and used inspirational quotes on Soccer ball are also impressive. There are many sports goods manufacture company. Children love to play with these inspirational Soccer balls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! you have done really awesome job. Keep it up! good luck.

    Click Here For More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! really nice pictures and too creative. make it continue. Good Luck!


    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you prevent smudging? My sharpies smudged a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina,

      I used waterproof Sharpies and didn't see a problem with smudging. The writing did however fade a bit with time. Hope this helps!

      Val

      Delete
  6. This is a great idea! You added such inspiring words!I would like to use this with your permission of course! My daughters a BIG soccer fan & her birthday is In 2 wks.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts on this! Your email address will remain private.